Sunday, 24 January 2016


I've been slowly getting on with the Vikings.  I've decided I'll have a crack at doing the Hosteller myself, strip it and rattle can spray paint it.

I've stripped them down

And I've started stripping the old paint off.

The guy who had it originally painted it red, but underneath, where he didn't strip it back properly is a gorgeous gold colour which I think I'll try to replicate.  Got most of the paint off the main tubes now, just need to do the seat and chain stays and the little bits I've missed.  The frame seems pretty solid.  There is some surface rust but it seems to be coming off with wet and dry.

I need an old fashioned bottom bracket fixed cup remover to get this off

I've entered the Eroica now, so I do need to get one of them finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment