Tuesday 27 April 2010

Mixed Week when…

It’s a good week when 126 miles is a poor week.  I missed Tuesday, but otherwise had a full week of riding in to work.  Karl couldn’t make Thirsty Thursday, but Ian and I did.

We planned to ride out to the Weird Fish on Saturday morning.  Just when we were expecting Karl & co to arrive, we got a phone call.  I assumed it was Karl saying he would be late, but when I came down, Jayne was in tears and Karl was outside.  Jayne’s Mum had been taken in to hospital overnight.  Jayne decided to go down to them.  I told the guys I would catch up maybe.  They set off and Jayne started packing some stuff for the weekend.  Then Ian arrived, he’d missed the others.  I told him they were up the road, so he headed off to catch up.

Its a bad week when your mother in law is in the cardiac emergency ward.

Jayne set off to visit and I got ready to catch up.  I assumed they had gone the traditional route, so I set off down the more direct route, expecting to catch them maybe on Wood Lane.  Nothing!  I eventually got to the Weird Fish to find Ian just tucking into his bacon buttie.  He had come part way down the traditional route but not run into the others.  I ordered a bacon buttie and a cappuccino, Ian started on his Chocca Mocca.  After about 10 more minutes, Karl and co arrived.  Only Alison had been before, and she didn’t really know the route, so had taken them an a massive zig-zag through the lanes.  After our coffees, Joe and Ian headed round the Trough and we headed home.

In the afternoon I went back to Hewitt’s to swap my frame pump for one that fits.

Jayne’s Mum was stable but under observation.

Sunday I did a quick spin out to the Weird Fish again, on my own.  All the way out, it looked like rain.  I only had my short sleeved shirt and gillet on.  I wolfed down my coffee and bacon buttie and headed home.  Half an hour after getting in, the sun came out and it was a beautiful day.  I worked on a very rough and ready workbench all afternoon, then went for a well earned pint at tea time. 

Some local wildlife, pictures are a bit poor.

DSC00789 DSC00788

Cheers

Tim

Miles for week – 126

Total for year to date - 1554

No comments:

Post a Comment