Monday 14 February 2011

Poor

I am way behind on my target, over 240 miles short.  And pretty poor at updating here Sad smile.

Last week wasn’t too bad miles wise, I  rode to work every day.  The move from Thirsty Thursday to Tuesday isn’t going well, so far we’ve managed 1 week.   Work is hectic and the potential moves to a new company are still not clear.  I’m not overly worried as I am on a pretty good package if they can me.

Three weeks ago I was in Switzerland for a few days.  I took my running shoes but we had heavy snow the day I arrived and it didn’t clear til the morning we left.  We did some riding at the weekend to compensate,including a 60+ mile ride through the Trough.  It was very cold. at one point Joe and another guy hit a big patch of ice, crashing to the ground, Joe on the elbow he broke the other year.  After that we were quite cautious, which was a real shame because other than the ice, it was ideal loony descent conditions off Boundary Hill.

The week before last was OK.  I was down in Bristol for three days.  I took my running stuff and actually got out to use it.  Two nights of 30 mins, 2 mins run 2 mins walk.  I got Jayne out at the weekend doing the same.  I think I might have killed her!

No riding this weekend, working in the garden.  I did make this though083084

Its a raised veg bed.  The pots have potatoes and onions in.  We are going to plant garlic, carrots beans and kol rabi.

Cheers

Tim

2 comments:

  1. You can't win 'em all. When the warm weather returns, you'll start piling up the miles. At least that's my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off to London tomorrow, well Cobham, just outside London. So this week's miles will be low again. Hopefully I will recoup the missing miles but they are mounting up

    ReplyDelete